Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Friday 15 May 2009

TAKEN OUT FOR A REASON

Well it hasn't been the best start to the day ever.....
I got up at 5.45am to go to the gym before work, only to get there and realise that I'd forgotten half of my kit.

So,I showered and went on to work early, intending to sort out some emails...... only to find that I couldn't access my email account. A not infrequently recurring glitch on my practice computer.

I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason, and decided to make the best of it. I guess that's why I'm writing this post now rather than tomorrow morning. Even the gym thing might have been for the best. I am still recovering from a torn calf muscle I sustained running 5 weeks ago. It's on the mend and I'm doing everything I'm told by the physio. Maybe this stopped me from overdoing it today? I'm not able to run on it yet and apart from my normal weights circuit and the stretches, I've been restricted to walking on the treadmill..... not that exciting. Today I was allowed to cycle (gently) in the gym..... maybe forgetting the kit stopped me damaging it further doing my Lance Armstrong impression - who knows?

Sometimes I think we are just "taken out" for reasons that aren't always immediately clear ...... either that or I'm just getting old and forgetful and have a crap computer! Much as I love your comments - you can keep these ones to yourself!

No comments: