Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Thursday 23 October 2008

ON BEING COACHED MYSELF

I had my appraisal at work yesterday - in my GP job, and unlike most of my colleagues, I really enjoyed it. I think in many ways it drew a line in the sand for me and was a real marker of how much my life has moved on over the last 12 months. I attribute this largely to life coaching - not only the coaching of my clients but to being coached myself. (Thank you Chris x )

Coaching has made an enormous difference to how I approach things. It has made me take a step back and evaluate what I really want from my life. It has also helped me think about how to achieve this - by keeping me focused on the solutions rather than on the problems. I now routinely do things that would have been a distant dream 18 months ago. I positively enjoy networking and think nothing of organizing talks and workshops. I enjoy the chance to get out there and talk to people about coaching. I know there is so much more inside of me and I'm passionate about enabling others to uncover their true potential too.

The people I've met within the coaching community are very special people indeed. They all have a real spark about them and a generosity of spirit that comes from just knowing that their best is yet to come. As I write this, I'm excited about the future and about the twists and turns that life has in store. I don't let the media detract from my positivity. I don't give them permission to so why should you?

Now if I can make these changes, anyone can. Just decide, today, that this is the start of a new and better phase in your life. I would love to coach you and work with you while you make these changes too. Get yourself a coach - I can't recommend it highly enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Great blog entry and it is a privilege to work with somebody who is as taleted as you are. Appraisals should be motivating exercises and I hope that you came out of yours bouncing off the wall. They are very lucky to have you.

Kind Regard

Chris S