Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 13 October 2008

MEETING RICHARD BANDLER


Last Friday I attended an NLP training day in central London. It was organised by Acuity Doctor, an organisation I had trained with before. The afternoon included a three hour session with Dr.Richard Bandler, co-creator of NLP and something of a hero of mine.


The day started well, beautiful weather, train on time, lovely walk to the venue in the sunshine. It got even better when as soon as I walked into the hotel I was greeted by a guy who'd read my piece in the Acuity Doctor newsletter about my coaching practice. He recognised me straight away and we had a good chat. There were lots of people there who I'd met at previous NLP events or whom I'd worked with over the years. Excellent. It was also a great forum to chat to many of the 250 doctors present, to make new friends and to promote my business.



But the best was yet to come.... after a really enjoyable morning session, Dr.Bandler took to the stage. He was amazing. He spoke for three hours and held the whole audience captivated. He demonstrated a few of his NLP techniques, many with new shortcuts that he has devised. I really wanted to meet him, but he's somewhat awe-inspiring. I had put my camera into my bag, just in case, but could I really go up to him and ask him? Still... if you don't ask......and what's the worst that could happen?



Regular readers will know what a difference NLP has made to my life. If you ever get the chance to explore it for yourself, take it. Even better - if you ever get the chance to meet Richard Bandler - go for it!

No comments: