Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 9 November 2008

TAKE COURAGE

On Remembrance Sunday, a quote from a war hero seemed to be appropriate.
Winston Churchill once said, "Courage is the greatest of all virtues for on it, all others depend".

I'm up in Birmingham at the moment on a nine day residential course for my NLP Master Practitioner. It is a fantsatic experience and I have already learned so much.

We're a small group, just seven, soon to be eight and so we are all getting to know each other pretty well. The work is quite intense and experiential. Much of it is about learning new techniques and having the courage to apply them in different sitautions. The message is - just try it, see what happens. We are building our toolkits and learning how best to utilise our skills by practising on eachother. Oh, and we're having a great laugh too!

I have also learned how much it rains in Birmingham and how difficult it is to find your way around..... even armed with an internet print-out and a sat nav (which admittedly could do with it's software updating as it doesn't seem to recognise some of the tunnels). I've a horrible feeling I might have to resort to a map! So much for technology eh.....

I feel a small glow of pride as I tell you that I've crossed Birmingham each evening in torrential rain to go to the gym. It should have been about a 15 mile round trip but somehow last night I put 33 miles on the clock! Still, I was in no hurry. I'm in the priviledged position of being able to spend protected time doing something that I love and I intend to make the most of every second of it.

So, take courage and see what you can new thing you can try tomorrow, or even better tonight. What's the worst that can happen if it doesn't work out? Remember that NLP presupposition - there's no failure, only feedback. The more you try, the more you learn. More from Birmingham tomorrow.

No comments: