Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 3 November 2008

THE END OF AN ERA FOR WATFORD

Yesterday saw the departure of Adrian Boothroyd as manager of Watford FC....
He's been our manager since March 2005 and during that time took the club to the Premiership by winning the play off final in Cardiff - a day that will live long in my memory. We also reached an FA Cup semi-final during that time. Sadly recently, results have not gone our way. It seems to be the way these days that clubs are expected to win all the time. He was always conscious of the need to do this though and once said "yesterday's goals don't win tomorrow's matches."

Aidy, like myself is a big fan of NLP and famously used many of the techniques on the players. He led them on a walk across hot coals in his first year in the job. His motivational techniques were legendary for getting the best out of people. He wore his heart on his sleeve during interviews and the fans loved him for his honesty and passion.

As well as all of that, he was a thoroughly nice bloke. I met him after the Charlton match in the premiership season. We started that game really well and raced into a 2 - 0 lead, unfortunately it finished in a 2 - 2 draw. Despite this, when I met him in the changing room after the game, he remained upbeat and dignified. He was always positive and looking to learn from every situation.
He was kind enough to sign the photograph later on and I have it on the wall of my consulting room.

For me, he is an inspirational figure and one I am proud to have met. I regret the fact that he has gone from the club - for me it was not the right decision......

So Aidy, thanks for 3 great years and good luck in your future career. This Watford fan has learned a lot from you during your time at the club.

No comments: