Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Friday 23 January 2009

BELIEVE !

It's been a busy week across the pond in the United States of America - with Barak Obama being inaugurated, twice...... and could you believe they couldn't find a bible in The White House to do the second swearing in!

Anyway - the incoming new president seems to bring with him a huge new wave of hope and expectation. The dreams of millions of his fellow countrymen seem to be resting on his shoulders. I read an interesting comment about this during the week, I can't remember where, but I thought I'd share it with you.

When surveyed, an enormous majority of Americans said they believed in Barak Obama and had faith that he could turn things around for their nation. Now we can be pretty sure that most of those have never met him personally - although I'm sure he is incredibly charismatic - but my point is this. Without having met him, they were all so willing to believe in him - but what will it take for them to believe in themselves?

I think that self-belief is one of the most vital tools we have for surviving and thriving in the world. If I could give my kids one thing only - it would be self-belief. If I could have a second one it would be enthusiasm.

If you start to believe in yourself then others will too and nothing is more powerful at re-inforcing one's own positive thoughts than this. self-belief really is the cornerstone to success. Any type of success comes from first knowing that you are capable of achieving it - and then just getting out there and doing it!

No comments: