Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Thursday 29 January 2009

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

One of the best ways I know of feeling great is by helping others.
There is something incredibly satisfying about doing something kind for somebody else - for no reason at all. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself!

I've been very lucky in the last few months to become involved with a fantastic organisation called the Women in Business network www.wibn.co.uk They are set up to help and support women working across a diverse range of professions. The atmosphere within the group is wonderful. I have met some superb people and have learned an awful lot, both personally and professionally from their company.

It's a two way thing of course, the more you put into it the more you get out. I never fail to be amazed at the incredible generosity of spirit of many of the women I have met. A few of us are planning a fundraising event soon - trying to give something back in our own small way. We're getting a real buzz out of it.

For many people this can be a difficult time of year, long dark evenings etc. My advice is give yourself something to focus on. Getting involved in a fundraising project of your own or with friends is a great way to do this. You'll love it and believe me the benefits of it will go far beyond the money you raise. Contribution is an area that is sometimes overlooked but it's an important one. Why not start thinking about how you can make a difference today?

No comments: