Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 11 February 2009

WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST FOR FUN?

I'm writing this from the cafe at my gym. I'm sitting here, cappucino in hand, typing away. I have a bit of extra time this morning as a client cancelled at short notice.

I'm lucky. I know that. My jobs and lifestyle allow me the luxury of indulging regularly in one of my passions - working out at the gym. Maybe this makes you smile - pityingly! Maybe you agree? Maybe you know me personally and think..... well it doesn't show!Well believe me...... it does to me. And do you know what? Much as I love you all, I couldn't give a monkeys (in the nicest possible way of course) ......because I love it!

There is something about pushing yourself really hard, getting covered in sweat and then afterwards feeling an amazing endorphin rush. I don't smoke, I wouldn't do drugs for all the tea in China and I no longer drink alcohol....... I don't need to. I get all the buzz I need from the rest of my life!

OK, so maybe you don't share my passion for exercise...... but I'm sure you are passionate about something. Whatever it is, are you actually doing it? Are you finding a bit of regular time in your life to indulge in that activity and bask in the great feeling it gives you?

If not....... ask yourself....... why not? When now is a good time to look at your week and think about what you can incorporate that really makes you feel wonderful?

The benefits of doing something that you love last far longer than the time you spend doing them. Take my gym session this morning. Not only am I still glowing on the outside...... yes I'm still rather pink in the face 45 mins after showering....... but it's got me on the inside too. I feel incredibly energised, enthusiastic and ready to take on the world.

And even though it's still really cold here and the car park here is like an ice rink...... at last the sun is shining. It's going to be another beautiful day. So get out there and grab it with both hands!

No comments: