Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 15 November 2009

PAUL McKENNA



It's been another busy week and a really enjoyable one.
If the downside was the upturn in the number of swine flu cases we are seeing in the surgery, the highlight had to be attending a training day with Paul McKenna. It was absolutely excellent.

He is a great speaker, he really held the audience's attention..... and we weren't the easiest group either. Three hundred or so medics - mostly doctors, all there to learn about his weight loss and NLP techniques. It was awesome. He apparently did it for free too, being a friend of my NLP trainer and organiser of the day, Dr.Natheera Indrasenan. He was obviously really passionate about the subject and had flown in specially from his home in Los Angeles just for the talk.

Helping people be a healthy weight is something I am passionate about too and is a topic that occupies much of my time, both as a coach and as a GP. I've picked up plenty of new tools to use now so a very big thank you to Natheera for arranging the day and to Paul for making it so memorable and enjoyable.

Since my last post I've had mixed fortunes on the running front. Last Sunday I beat my personal best in the Grand Union Canal Half Marathon but in yesterday's 22 mile training run I had to pull up after 14 miles with another calf strain. Unfortunately this will almost certainly put me out of the Luton marathon on 6th December. I'm taking this as a sign that there are other things in my life that need my attention right now so I'll be spending tomorrow working on material for some upcoming workshops.

Well I'm off for a shower now before watching X Factor - sad but true. Whatever you think of him, you can't help but admire Simon Cowell. Whatever happens he always manages to come up smelling of roses....... and with the amount of **** flying around on that show, that's no mean feat! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

No comments: