Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Saturday 24 October 2009

THE BEST LAID PLANS....

Well it's been a funny old week here. I've had a week off from the surgery and had expected to be able to spend a lot of time running and training. Unfortunately my knee thought otherwise and I've been forced to take it easy. It's not too bad and is fine when I'm actually running but flares up again afterwards. Still, I've got Rosemary my physio back on the case and have also had some shiatsu from my friend Isobel - let's hope it's better soon.

I had already decided for other reasons not to do the hilly off-road marathon that I had originally planned for tomorrow - perhaps just as well as it turned out. I am currently due to do a half-marathon in 2 weeks though. Should know in the next few days whether that is still a possibility or not.

Anyway, as I've said before, I think things like this happen for a reason and I've tried hard to make the best use of my time this week. I've devoted time to writing and to my french studies. I've also had to attend four - yes four - evening meetings at work! Guess I must have been pretty bad in a former life!

I've spent all this afternoon cooking - a Bangladeshi feast from Rick Stein's latest book "A Far Eastern Odyssey". It's a fabulous read, one of those makes you hungry just to look at the pictures type of books. Not really good for me as I'm not running it off right now but I reckon I deserve a treat. I've spent the last two hours holed up in my kitchen, chopping and grinding spices. Everything's now just at that ready to go stage, you know the way TV cooks have it, all chopped and ready in little bowls. Excellent. I was listening to french radio while I did it. A rather odd show was on there, a mix of interviews with french pop stars about their new album and giving the results of various surveys including the revelation that "women who have at least one orgasm a day are the happiest!" The french - don't you just love 'em!

Keep smiling (french style if you prefer) and have a great weekend.

No comments: