Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 18 October 2009

THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I.......

As I write this, I'm watching the world gymnastics championships on TV. What an event and from London's wonderful O2 arena - can't wait for the Olympics. Just two minutes ago there was a really nasty accident. A gymnast fell landed really badly on her neck during a complex tumbling routine. She was taken off on a spinal board, complete with neck brace by the medics....

I spent this morning watching my older boy play rugby and as usual did the first aid cover for the match. The lack of rain recently has left the pitch rock hard and one of the visiting players took a heavy fall and, at least for a moment, looked like he may have sustained a nasty injury......

Currently my running coach Rory is sidelined with a serious back injury and may require surgery. He hates not running but still keeps up his blog and keeps on motivating his clients towards their goals, even whilst his own running goals have been put on hold......

What is my point here?
It's this. One minute everything is fine - life is ticking along just great...... then bang. It can all change in an instant.

The rugby lad was fine, missed the rest of the game but otherwise OK. The pundits are saying that the gymnast was treated on the spinal board purely as a precaution and Rory, being Rory, will I'm sure bounce back and be doing something amazing again before we know it.

None of us know what life has in store for us, so why do we waste time worrying about it?
Let's use what talents we have, grab our lives by the scruff of the neck and LIVE!
Always try to live in the moment..... make the most of now and enjoy each and every minute of your life.

No comments: