Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Friday 1 January 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you've had a great start to 2010.
Mine has been excellent so far. Although the snow has gone it was absolutely freezing today, well pretty cold anyway, barely above freezing all day. However there was a clear blue sky and bright sunshine.....wonderful.

It was the perfect weather for a run, my first outside for 6 weeks due to my recent calf problem.....and it was lovely. I only ran for half an hour but the leg felt fine and it was great to be back out there. My short-term goal is to take an hour off my London marathon time in April. This shows you how slowly I did it last time. I am also aiming to complete an ultra-marathon later in the year. The injury related disruption to my training has meant that I'm not going to be fit enough to do any of the ultras I had eyed up in Jan, Feb or March so I'll need to look at something after London.

I returned from my run feeling on top of the world. If you run yourself, you'll know the feeling I'm talking about: if you don't, why not make this the year that you start to!

The edge was taken off it very slightly when I got in the shower to find that one of my boys had used all the hot water. Don't you just love it when that happens? Anyway, it was certainly invigorating!

It seems like a day to count your blessings today and I certainly feel that I have many to count. I'm lucky enough to be sat in a nice warm home, fire roaring and roast beef in the oven. Many others in the world aren't so blessed, so as the New Year starts may it be a year for peace and justice in this world. As you think about your resolutions, think about how you can give something back in 2010. You'll be really glad you did.

No comments: