Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Thursday 21 January 2010

A BUSY START

It's been a hectic start to the new year for me, but a very enjoyable one.
I can't say I'm sorry to see the back of all that snow though. It looks beautiful but the chaos it seems to bring make you realise how much we all take travelling around for granted. My normal 8 mile journey to work took much longer in the bad weather, either a very slow and hair-raising drive or part on foot and part by bus or train. Two hours was the longest it took from door to door..... but I did make it in every day.

I can't say the same for one of my partners who fell on the ice and broke his leg a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad to say he's recovering well, but it makes you realise how easily accidents can happen. Get well soon, we miss you!

A lot of last week was spent preparing for a whole day workshop which I delivered yesterday to a group of 25 local doctors. They are all involved in training newly qualified doctors to become GPs. We had an excellent day. They were a great audience and I thoroughly enjoyed the chance to share my material with them. I absolutely love presenting like this - it gives me a real buzz and yesterday was no exception.
Bringing the message of coaching to a new group of people only goes to increase my enthusiasm for it.

Although it was cool again today there was an almost spring-like feel about the air when I went out on my visiting rounds at lunchtime. i'm back in my consulting room now and can hear the birds singing away outside.....it really is a beautiful world sometimes.

No comments: