Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

RED SKY AT NIGHT

I'm sitting in my consulting room as I write this. I've just started evening surgery and I'm looking out of my window at one of the most beautiful red skies I have ever seen. Enough to delight even the fussiest of shepherds!

In fact it's about a million differnt shades - from orangey pink through to purple and looks incredibly dramatic with the trees silhouetted up against it. I'd put this up against any sky anywhere in the world right now..... and that's saying something!
In 10 minutes it'll be dark but I felt I just had to seize the moment and record it for ever. Absolutely beautiful.

It's been a lovely day all round really, with even a little bit of winter sun earlier on. The snow seems a long way away now although there's still quite a nip in the air.

I felt very privileged yesterday to be able to finally distribute cheques to those people to whom my late grandmother had bequeathed some money. I'm an executor of her will and it felt a bit like that programme "Secret Milionaire". It gave me a great buzz to think how much pleasure the recipients will get when they open their post today. Wonderful. Lovely to be able to bring a smile to someone's face. Wouldn't it be great if that's how we measured success in our society; not by wealth or power, but by the ability to enrich the lives of others? Might make the world a happier place. Keep smiling.

No comments: