Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 7 October 2009

DON'T YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN......?

Now there's a question....... and one with so many possible answers!
The one that inspired this post was, "when the doorbell rings when you are in the shower".

Actually I was just getting dry and a quick peek out the window showed me it was the postman, so I grabbed my dressing gown and ran downstairs. By then he was already at the end of the drive - (a full 5 yards away!) having put his "too big for your letterbox" card through the door. He must have filled that in before ever getting to the door I reckon. Anyway, he trudged back when I called him and gave me the envelope.

I was glad I'd made the effort when I saw what it was, some material from Steve Chandler's excellent Club Fearless. Steve is an American coach who regularly sends out loads of really inspiring material. Today's package contained his new book. It also drew me to check his website where I saw this quote from Bernard Baruch:

"One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody everything, every night before you go to bed"


So simple, yet it really struck a chord with me.
I see so many people both as a GP and as a coach who struggle with vast amounts of "baggage". They worry endlessly about stuff from their past, stuff they have absolutely no control over.

There was also another great quote on the site, from the same author,

"Our only freedom is the freedom to discipline ourselves".

How very true. Why waste time and energy on stuff we can't influence when all the time the answer to the change we are seeking is to make that change within ourself.

As Ghandi once said,
"Be the change you want to see in the world".

The downside was that the post also contained a huge bill from my accountant....... but hey, I guess you can't have everything, at least not all in one day!

No comments: