Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 26 April 2010

TWITTERING AT LAST

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me with some new individual coaching clients and some speaking engagements to prepare for too. I've also been busy networking, both in person and virtually and have finally ventured into the world of Twitter.

There's something wonderful about it, something I heard someone describe as very "democratising" although I'm not sure that's a proper word. If it isn't, it should be. I mean it's a great leveller. You can follow people you admire and send them a message direct to their account, so you know they will see it.

For example, in yesterday's Sunday Times I read an interview with entrepreneur Gavin Wheeldon. He talks about how he starts each day by watching a five minute Powerpoint presentation of his goals. I thought that was a wonderful idea, really inspiring, so I sent him a message to say so. I'll let you know if he replies although that wasn't the reason I sent it.

I'm also in the process of making a short video for the WIBN website. Regular readers will have heard me talking about this networking group before. It's a women-only business networking organisation that is growing rapidly and is soon to launch it's own internet TV channel. Members can load up videos promoting their services and benefit from the umbrella of the big organisation. I'm sure it will be fabulous and a very useful way for many business women to get their message out there.

The answers are always out there. It's just a question of talking to the right people.

No comments: