Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 30 July 2008

PEACE AND CONNECTION

What does being peaceful mean to you?

During our recent trip to Provence, we stayed in a wonderful villa in the hillside. There was a beautiful infinity pool there and when you were in it you could see for miles, down over the surrounding countryside. I made of point of being first up every morning, while a little mist still hung over the olive trees to swim my lengths. Much as I love exercising, I'm not really a swimmer, but the feeling of being there, all alone, in that setting, was amazing. So utterly cut off from everything in my usual daily life.

At night, the stars were wonderful and incredibly numerous. We were quite remote so there was little in the way of light pollution, giving us a real sense of the enormity of the universe.

It made me think of the paradox of feeling so peaceful whilst being alone and yet needing the feeling of connection and being part of the "one song" of the universe we talked about in my last post. Wayne Dyer makes a similar point in his book - suggesting that the difference between ALONE and ALL ONE is L, standing for love. 

Love is what connects us all together. As you look out on the stars where you are tonight, may love and peace be with you too.

No comments: