Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 3 August 2008

BEHIND THE CLOUDS, THE SUN IS ALWAYS SHINING

A sad start to today. I dropped my father at the airport for his flight back to Thailand. He had been staying with us for a month and after some great times, the day finally came for him to return home.

He has been a huge influence on me, a real hero in my life and one of the most resilient people I've ever met. Lucky really - you need to be tough to survive a month in my house!

As I drove home in the pouring rain, I reflected on all the fun we'd had, the places we'd been, the people we'd visited and entertained. I began to think about all the great things coming up in the next few weeks. Even if you're not a sports nut like me, you can't fail to find something to love about the Olympics. Not only is it the showcase for phenomenal physical achievement, but it represents so much more. The coming together of people from all over the globe in the spirit of peace and harmony is a real cause for celebration. It really reminds me that we are part of one world.

And then there's the new football season about to start......fans all over the country will dream of bigger and better things for their teams this year. Yes even Watford fans like me!

As I pondered on this, the sun came on and my mood brightened. Like my state of happinness and eager anticipation for the future, the sun had been there all the time - just temporarily hidden behind the clouds.

So remember, in times of sadness, focus on what's great in your life. Think of all the things you've got to look forward to. Feel the love of those around you and share it around. Bring a little sunshine into your life today.

No comments: