Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 18 August 2008

MAKE IT EASY - USE YOUR VALUES

There's an easy way and a hard way to do everything....... so why not choose to make it easy for yourself? Learning to use your values is one such way.

Values are the things that are really important to us, the real bottom- line things that we stand for. As a coach, values elicitation is a really valuable exercise to do with a client. People are often surprised at what is most important to them - when someone really pushes them to focus in and decide.

Once you know your values, you can combine them and use fulfillment in one area to help you in another. Let me explain.....

As a doctor, you'll probably not be surprised to hear that health is one of my highest values. Striving for wellness and all that that involves is very important to me. I adore training in the gym, but those who know me know that I'm not exactly a great athlete! Yes, I once ran the London Marathon but I don't think Paula Radcliffe lost much sleep over my time....

Anyway, I love it and I know it's important for me but everyone needs something to help keep them on track when the going gets tough. It's always easier not to.......

I'm also a huge fan of personal growth and self-improvement. I love reading and listening to the work of those who really inspire me. I find that listening to my I-pod whilst cycling or on the treadmill, playing Anthony Robbins, Joe Vitale, Jay Abrahams etc. really fires me up as I train.
The time flies by, the physical effort seems much less and I've stretched my mind as well as my body. This simple tip might help you too.

Wellness is all about balance. Take a good look at what you are trying to achieve and think how you can make it easier for yourself. When now is a good time to start?

No comments: