Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 29 June 2009

ROUNDERS FOR RWANDA


Yesterday found me out in the sun, doing something I haven't done for the best part of 30 years....... playing rounders.
Actually, we did play once with the practice 10+ years ago, but otherwise I haven't done it since I was at school.
So, what was the occasion? My sons' school were holding a fundraising sports afternoon to raise money fro the mission they support in Rwanda. A fantastic cause and more than 60 of the parents thought it was well worth donning shorts and trainers to show their support.

What a great day we had - really good fun. Everyone mucked in, gave it a really good go....... and was a whole lot more competitive that they admitted! It was excellent fun and I can't pretend that we didn't absolutely love it when we scored rounders. it was a really good laugh and hopefully a whole lot of money was raised for the cause.

It was surprising energetic too. Since I stopped playing football, I can't say I do much sprinting. Yes I'm in the gym a lot and yes I run, but it's more of an endurance type workout that I do........ so my thighs felt a bit stiff this morning. Still, I treated myself to some new running shoes today and, after coaching a client, I tested them out on the treadmill. Fantastic!

I drove back home in the beautiful sunshine to watch Roger Federer finish off Robin Soderling in straight sets - excellent. Another great start to another great week - enjoy!

No comments: