Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Thursday 10 December 2009

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS



This weekend will see millions of us tune in to see the final of X Factor.
Whatever you think of the show, and it certainly polarises opinion, I think that there is a lot that we can learn from it.

Those that do best seem to be really driven. They've had their goal for a very long time, have strived to achieve it and have often made a lot of sacrifices along the way. They've also had to take a lot of criticism. The most successful have learned that "There is no failure, only feedback". They take the judges comments on board, learn from them and use them to their advantage.

Now for sure there's an enormous amount of media hype about the whole thing, much of it entirely unjustified, but if it encourages just one person to believe in themselves and chase their dream, then to me it is worth it. If kids look at people on TV and think "if they can do it, then so can I" - then great. I'd prefer it if they wanted to achieve something more then just being famous, but seeing other people be confident is part of how we learn to be confident too.

Nathaniel Branden, the famous psychologist once said "Self concept is destiny".
I love that quote and really try and apply it in my daily life. How you feel about yourself really does affect how other people see and treat you. If you're looking for an example of a confident, successful man, look no further than X Factor's own, Simon Cowell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am now 67 years old yet I still remember my headmasters character letter written for me to use in job applications when I returned to England from the Far East...

"Gordon is the sort of person who will succeed in anything that he puts his mind to."

I have lived my life with those words constantly in my mind. That man deserves a medal!