Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 23 April 2012

DECISIONS

How do you make decisions? Let me be more specific - how do you know when you've made the right decision? We all make decisions in our own individual ways - some weigh up all the evidence, others make a more snap judgement. What interests me is what internal gauge do we use to know that what we've decided is right for us? The language that we use to talk to ourselves in is important here. Do you ask yourself - does this look right to me? Maybe you ask yourself does this sound right?. Others, and this includes me, will ask themselves this question - does it feel right?

It doesn't matter which way you do it, all are equally valid, what matters is being able to recognise your own yes signal. Once you know what yes means for you, you can be really confident in your decisions.

I've had a big decision to make in the last week. I considered all the pros and cons but in my heart of hearts I think I always knew which way it was going to go. When I thought about carrying on as I was, I felt weighed down and somehow not authentic. However, when I thought about following the other path and making the change I was considering, everything just felt right.

Maybe you've got a decision to make, or you're wondering is this the right way for you to be going. Think about how you've assessed your decisions in the past, what has worked for you before? Chances are it will work for you again. Another technique is to think about flipping a coin between two alternatives. Just before the imaginary coin toss, stop and ask yourself which way do you hope it's going to land. Might be more revealing than you think.


No comments: