Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 29 April 2012

EXCUSE ME YOUR LIFE IS WAITING!

Now if the title of this book makes your stomach start to churn, then maybe like me you are British! I don't know why but I can't even read the title without hearing it being said out loud in a really annoying fake American accent. But hold it right there. Put those prejudices aside. This book is superb....... very strange, very challenging and well worth a read.
In summary, it's about putting the feeling into the Law of Attraction. It attempts to give a brief scientific explanation for how this works. The theory is that we are all magnets and are vibrating all the time. Good things are said to vibrate with positive frequencies and bad things with negative frequencies. As like attracts like, if you spend you time thinking about all the things that are wrong about your life, you will vibrate negatively and attract more negative things. On the other hand, if you concentrate on all that is wonderful and really focus on this then your positive vibrations will attract more of what you want.

It is an attempt to explain the synchronicities we all experience from time to time and also the fact that when one thing goes wrong for us, everything else seems to follow. Conversely when things are going well, more good things seem to follow. The idea is to follow the steps set out by Lynn Grabhorn and learn to vibrate positive energy to create a better future. Anything that encourages people to focus on what is good in their life and feel great about it has got to be good, so I though I'd give it a go, in a very small way at first.

At yesterday's Michael Neill/ Robert Holden workshop - see earlier blogs, I returned from the lunchbreak about 5 minutes before the afternoon session was due to start. I'd walked up towards Notting Hill for lunch and had had a cappuccino and a mushroom panini for lunch but had forgotten to buy a bottle of water. I got out my phone to tweet about the workshop and as I did so, imagined how lovely it would be to have a nice cool drink of water. The room was pretty warm and I was almost tasting it and feeling the cool refreshment in the back of my throat. I was shaken from my reverie when a lady three chairs to my right, who I didn't know and hadn't yet spoken to, asked me if I would like to have a bottle of her water as she'd bought two, didn't think she'd drink both and didn't want to have to carry it later! I was a bit gobsmacked to be honest, but said yes, very gratefully. I didn't get her name or get the chance to explain later but if you are reading this and recognise yourself - thank you.

So, coincidence? Maybe. Positive attraction as evidence of The Law of Attraction in action? Who knows. It was a bit odd though and it's given me even more impetus to persist and experiment. Why not join me?

No comments: