Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 10 September 2008

NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!

Well the big day came and went..... for the physicists on the Swiss/French border. Their sub-atomic particle collision experiment was given a remote chance of creating enough black holes to lead to the end of civilisation as we know it. About 50 million to one if my sons are to be believed. Eight thirty am passed..... and nothing much happened.

What if the world had been about to end? Would you have been able to look back and think that you made the most of your time here? That you gave of your best and lived your life to the full? Or would you have had regrets? Things left undone or unsaid? Dreams unfulfilled?

Now that today's nearly over, why not use it as an opportunity to say thank you for the fact that you're still here? Use it as a chance to think about what you are really doing with your life. Are you really making the most of now? If not..... why not and what are you going to do to change that?

I'm particularly glad it didn't end today, or I'd have missed out on lunch with a friend of mine - and he was buying! I would also have missed out on reconnecting with the lovely bunch of people with whom I do a course every month in central London.

Mind you, getting home wasn't so easy. My train broke down in the station, making me over an hour late home and I had to postpone a coaching call. But I got home safely in the end, and do you know what?...... it wasn't the end of the world!

No comments: