Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 7 September 2008

LIVING THE DREAM

As I write this, I'm watching "Socceraid". It's a televised football match involving a mix of celebrities and former players, in aid of UNICEF. It's on every two years and was the brain-child of singer Robbie Williams. He played last time round and when interviewed at half-time tonight talked about how wearing the England shirt and running out at Wembley was, for him, living the dream.

Regular readers will know I'm a huge football fan, so I can see where Robbie was coming from on this one. My playing days are long since over and my old team, Garston Ladies, weren't exactly Man Utd. even in my day! 

It made me think though - what's your dream and more importantly, what are you doing to ensure that it becomes reality?

We all need to have dreams. Some of these might be relatively small things, others might seem much bigger and less easy to attain. Don't let this put you off though. All it takes to achieve any dream is the will to succeed, a plan of action and the courage to take that first step. After that, you're on your way and if you keep taking steps, however small, in the right direction, you are going to get there. Remember, everything you do either takes you closer to, or further away from any goal.

What small step are you going to take tomorrow to move you closer to your dream?


No comments: