Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 24 September 2008

COME TO THE EDGE

Once a week, for the next few weeks, I'm going to be looking at some inspirational ideas.
I'm starting today with this poem by Christopher Logue, called "Come to the Edge".

Come to the edge.
We might fall.
Come to the edge,
It's too high!
COME TO THE EDGE!
And they came
and he pushed
and they flew!

This always strikes a chord with me as it reminds me of why I'm a coach. Not only do I believe that we all have so much more inside us, but I am passionate about enabling others to uncover their true potential.

It's about taking risks and pushing boundaries. Yes, we could all live a cosy little life, never venturing outside of our comfort zones....... but is that really living? There is so much more out there for us to see, achieve and contribute to. For me, these words are a wake up call. 

Look at the challenges you are facing in your own life right now. How are you facing up to them? These words urge us not to be afraid and to push ourselves that little bit further than we think we can go. A favourite concept in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) is, if you think you can or you think you can't - you're probably right! Often what holds us down is our own opinion of ourselves.

So think on this. If what's really stopping you getting what you want is that you talk yourself out of even trying....... then get out there right now and BELIEVE!

No comments: