Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Friday 13 March 2009

ENTHUSIASM

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm !"
Ralph Waldo Emmerson

This has to be one of my all time favourite quotes.
It encapsulates the energy of wanting to get out there and just do it.

I thought about this last recently when I was interviewing for a new member of staff in our practice. Among the questions I asked was for them to select three words that best described them. I told them it was OK to blow their own trumpets too. Lots of them struggled with this.
What would you say to this?

The first of my words would definitely be enthusiastic. If you're not doing something that you really love doing - do something else. Failing that, find a way to love what you are doing. Do it with energy, commitment and as if your life depended on it. Strive to make yourself into someone who is great for others to be around, a source of energy and inspiration.

When now would be a great time to start?

No comments: