Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Thursday 19 March 2009

TAKING FIVE

How has your day been so far? Mine has been pretty busy.
It's one of my GP days today so I was here just after 7am catching up on paperwork and results. A fairly hectic morning on call followed and I'm just about to start evening surgery.
So I decided to take five.....

I'm sitting here in my consulting room, looking out at the sun. What a differnce the sun makes. Although there's a building next door, I'm on the first floor and can only see trees from my chair. The birds are singing loudly and the faint rumble of traffic in the distance is barely audible. There a gentle breeze blowing, I'm warm and comfy..... all is at peace in the world.....

Well it made me feel good anyway!

My point is, that however busy your day is, make a deliberate point of taking five...... just stopping, sitting still and just for a moment...... doing nothing. Be a human being for once, rather than a human doing. Look after yourself and your body. If you don't, where else are you going to live?

No comments: