Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Saturday 7 March 2009

A LOVELY WAY TO GO

I attended a funeral this week, my great aunt's.
I mentioned her in the blog back in September when she had her 100th birthday celebration. Well 2 weeks ago, she died peacefully in her sleep - may she rest in peace now.

I was interested in one of the conversations at the gathering afterwards in which someone talked about the passage of time. They observed that they were now beginning to realise that everyone around was growing older. Certain relatives they perhaps only saw every few years at similar events and could now begin to see the effect of the passage of time. "When we met, we were in our 20's, as were most of the others...... but that was 50 years ago now!"

The implication is that we don't notice the passage of time in ourselves....... though having recently restarted running I may have to disagree!..... or in those we see regularly. Proabably a good thing come to think of it.

Well enjoy the weekend. It looks like a lovely day out there again. I'm busy proparing for a series of new workshops. Check out my website soon for more details.

No comments: