Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 19 August 2009

NO LIMITS


"It's not the will to win that makes a champion, it's the will to prepare to win."
Bobby Knight

I love this quote. I saw it again yesterday in some stuff sent through to me by coach Steve Chandler. Steve runs a world mastermind group called Club Fearless and is a great source of inspiration and positivity. Well worth checking out his site if you haven't done so already.

The quote made me think about a book I read whilst I was away, "No Limits" by Michael Phelps.
It was fascinating, a real insight into the mental and physical preparation that he went through to win those amazing eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics.

One of the favourite phrases of his coach Bob, and he had a lot of them, was "money in the bank".
All the time and effort Michael put in in his training was like money in the bank, not in the financial sense but in terms of building up a reserve that could be drawn upon later when it was really needed.

I look at those great athletes in Berlin this week and marvel at what has gone before. All those weeks, months, years of dedicated single-minded preparation...... and I learn from it. You get out of life what you put into it so let's get out there today and put it all in.... 100%. Nothing else will do.

No comments: