Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 28 September 2009

LUCKY RABBIT'S FOOT?


Why do we consider a rabbit's foot to be lucky?
I would beg to differ that it is the bringer of good fortune. I have a good reason why it isn't...... in fact 24 good reasons...... attached to the SIX dead rabbits I saw on a run last week!

It's been a bad week on the "roadkill spotted whilst running" front.
Today yielded a small buzzard, a robin, a frog, two pigeons,three rabbits and a squirrel.

On Thursday there was a deer on the wooded path I rang along just by the side of the road..... made me jump!
Stupidly I nearly fell over it two days later when I moved to avoid a low branch and woah.... only just avoided tripping right over it - or "stacking it" as my boys would say. I never understand that one - but then, according to them, I wouldn't as I am "too old"!

I haven't blogged for a few days as I've been really busy elsewhere. My training continues - 11 mile run and a gym session today. We are interviewing for a new partner in the surgery so that is taking up much of our time there right now. Once the two departing partners leave - one retiring, one emigrating, I will be left as the senior female partner.....

Huge congratulations to my trainer Rory Coleman who completed his 143 mile run from Nottingham to London at the weekend, dressed as a gorilla. Remember how warm it has been? Rory, you are amazing!

No comments: