Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 20 July 2009

AN AWESOME DAY


I have had a terrific day today. I've been up in Derby with fitness trainer Rory Coleman www.rorycoleman.co.uk
He did a VO2 max fitness assessment on me and then showed me an entirely new way of training.

I'll confess I was nervous before going there. He is one of the greats in the world of ultramarathon running. He has completed well over 600 marathons, is holder of 9 distance running world records and has completed the Marathon Des Sable 6 times - more than any other Briton. He is also the man who trained Helen Skelton, the Blue Peter presenter to run the Namibia 78 mile desert run. I am just a novice with a big dream and a ton of attitude. A small voice in my head whispered, "so what makes you think you deserve to train with the likes of him?'

Do you know what, I ignored it...... and I'm bloody glad I did as I had an absolutely awesome day!
I thought about that quote I blogged about a few weeks ago..... "it's not about who is going to let me. rather, who is going to stop me!"

Rory has drawn up a personalised plan for me and I can't wait to get started.
It's a few hours now since we finished and I'm starting to feel just a little stiff and sore, but inside I'm still buzzing.

Today was a great day - a personal landmark for me. My ultramarathon dream starts here. C'mon!

No comments: