Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 22 July 2009

BEAT SURRENDER


Another beautiful day today...... starting off with a 7 mile run by the canal. It was fabulous. Unusually I wore my ipod today and had one of those "I'd forgotten how good this playlist was" sort of moments. Five miles gone and on came one of my favourites, "Beat Surrender" by The Jam. These particular lyrics are from the middle eight and I've always loved them. Today, as I heard them, the sun shone down on my back and they put a real spring in my step. The miles flew by, no problem.

If you feel there's no passion, no quality sensation.
Seize that young determination.
Show the fakers you ain't foolin'.
You will see me come running, to the sound of your strumming.
Fill my heart with joy and gladness, I've lived too long in the shadows of sadness.

I've been a Paul Weller fan for 30 years and for me this is a real feel good song. Takes me back to being 14 again and queueing for hours in the snow to see The Jam at the old Hammersmith Palais - magic. I've probably seen him live 30 odd times over the years....
The song set the tone for the whole day as I went on to a great networking meeting and later signed up two new coaching clients, both of whom had first heard of me when they read my recent article in the BMA News.

Tomorrow is looking like a complete contrast with a full day in the surgery, beginning with the commuter surgery at 7am and ending with an afternoon on call. Later, a new coaching client awaits me in the evening. Another day of great opportunities awaits....... enjoy.

No comments: