Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Tuesday 14 July 2009

ULTRAMARATHON MAN


One of the books that I bought to take away with me, but I didn't wait until then to read ..... was the amazing, "Ultramarathon Man" by Dean Karnazes.

I'd like to share this extract with you, written as he reflects on the last stages of his solo 200 mile relay race. I say relay because everyone else ran it as a team event but he did the whole thing by himself.... as "Team Dean". Even if you've no interest at all in running, I'd urge you to read this book. It is fabulous and utterly inspirational.

"Running has taught me that the pusuit of a passion matters more than the passion itself. Immerse yourself in something deeply and with heartfelt intensity - continually improve, never give up - this is fulfillment, this is success."

Whatever you enjoy in your life, whatever you strive for..... this says it all. Sometimes we get so caught up in the pursuit of our goals that we forget to enjoy the journey. If you are clear about what you want and can honestly say you have given 100% effort towards getting it, what greater satisfaction can there be than that?

No comments: