Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Sunday 12 July 2009

SUPPORT & DEMONS

Well I survived the run - even if it didn't rain. It was pouring when I got up but by the time we started it was hot, hot, hot.
It made me realise how much I had missed taking part in things like that. My finishing time was pretty poor but for me the point of running is to run against yourself..... and believe me, today, I won.

I started near the back but still seemed to be passed by loads and loads of people. My legs were feeling pretty weary and after about two miles I could hear a small voice in my head saying things like, "ooh isn't that calf a bit niggly again, maybe you should stop, you don't want to be last do you?" I hung in there, plodded on and by halfway was really enjoying it. I finished a very long way down the order but who cares. I overtook two people with a final sprint (aka slightly faster plod) and crossed that line. Michelle 1 - Demons nil.

Thanks to my facebook friends who sent message of encouragement. It made me realise how important the love and support of those around you is. I've been chatting to some new prospective clients this evening too and the theme of support and connection was big in those conversations too.

So enjoy what remains of the weekend. Look back on the fun you had and think about what you've learned that you can take into the new week. See you tomorrow.

No comments: