Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Thursday 9 July 2009

THROW YOUR CAP OVER THE WALL



I want to share a great story with you, from one of the books I am reading at present. The book is called "Shift Your Mind, Shift the World", by Steve Chandler.

John Kennedy once attended an elite public school in Boston. At that school, the uniform was highly prized and losing or damaging your uniform carried a severe punishment. It was customary amongst the boys to challenge each other to climb a huge wall near the school which was thought to be pretty much impossible to scale. Many had tried, all had failed. When Kennedy was challenged, what did he do before starting his ascent? He took off his school cap and threw it over the wall. Now he knew he had to climb it........ and he did.

Think about things you want to achieve in your life. How committed are you to doing them?
Are you trying to lose weight or hoping to get fitter?

If you want to achieve something you have to make it happen, you have to give it top priority.
It is said that the most important choice you make is what you choose to make important.

What do you need to do to get that leverage on yourself, to turn your dream into reality?
Start right now and throw the cap over your own wall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too remember my school cap and also my version of John Kennedy's wall. My memory is of me mounting the stairs to my bedroom with the purple, livid face of my father, bent on retribution, in hot pursuit, chasing after me - because I had lost my third school cap in one week. We all have our crosses to bear. Mine was keeping my caps and my dads was paying for them. By the way _ I didn't make it to the top!