Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

GO BOLDLY!

I live and work near Watford. What's that you say? "somebody's got to." Cheeky! Despite the way it is sometimes portrayed, Watford's a great place to be. So why am I telling you this? What I'm focusing on today is boldness - inspired by my daily sightings of the Watford town motto - Audentior, which latin scholars and locals (I qualify both ways) will know means Go Boldly!

My favourite boldness quotation has to be:

      "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
        Boldness has genius, power and magic within it."

This quote is attributed to both Goethe and to William Hutchinson Murray, the Scottish Himalayan explorer. I don't really care who said it first, I just love the sentiment of it.

I love the idea of starting something and fully committing to it. Until you do this, whilst you remain in the talking and planning stage, there is always a chance to change your mind and pull back. Once you are committed, you have decided to give it your all and will give 100% effort and dedication. That is when great things start to happen.

Strange as it may seem, this is what goes through my head when I see the Watford sign. It inspires me, it fires me up, it makes me want to get out there and give my all to the things I am passionate about. Obviously doesn't take much to get me going, even on a wet Wednesday morning! Have a great day.

No comments: