Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

SYNCHRONICITIES

Have you ever thought about someone you haven't heard from in ages and then immediately afterwards got a phone call from them? Or maybe you've been thinking about going on a course when an email about the perfect one lands in your inbox? I'm sure you've had similar experiences or synchronicities. Maybe the Universe is trying to tell us something?

As regular readers will know, I have recently changed direction and am no longer working with my business partner to deliver NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) training. Instead I am concentrating on individual coaching and am absolutely loving it. It feels more authentic and real for me. I'm able to do it in my own way and tailor it to the needs of the individual doctors I coach. It's flexible, personal and enormously enjoyable. So what has this to do with synchronicity you may be wondering? Well in the last few days I've read two articles by coaches I admire, about them moving away from formal teaching NLP too. I'm thinking of Jamie Smart - now more involved with teaching the Three Principles (Mind, Consciousness and Thought). Jamie is a great coach, really generous with his time and with his content. Check out his website here. I also read a fascinating interview with Chris Morris yesterday in which he talked about making a similar move. Chris is now closing down NLPconnections which has been one of the biggest free NLP resources on the internet. I was introduced to the work of both of these coaches by Michael Neill who regular readers will know I greatly admire. These guys are big players.

I guess what I'm saying is that in some way, reading their interviews came at exactly the right time for me. It reinforced the fact that I have made exactly the right decision. Friends have been very supportive although some expressed surprise as the NLP training was in fact going very well. I have to say though that my favourite comment came from my most emotionally intelligent friend. Whilst out to dinner a couple of weeks ago she said "change is good; we all need to keep changing to keep growing." You know what - as a coach I couldn't have put it better. Think I might pinch that line for myself!

No comments: