Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Monday 21 May 2012

WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT - HAPPINESS

As regular readers of this blog will know, I'm all for making life easier. Why struggle if there is a simpler, more efficient way to do something that will give you the same result? I think that's why I love this quote I received today from Robert Holden - one of my very favourite coaches and a hugely inspirational man.

"To be even happier you could learn 100 techniques, meditations and mental tricks, or you could just decide to be a more loving person."


I think that's wonderful and it really sums up what life's all about. I also think it explains why I have made the move away from teaching NLP to concentrate on personal success coaching. I get this now, it works for me and I want to get the message across to others too. I think that's why focusing on the techniques of NLP, as if happiness and success depended on them, was making me feel somehow inauthentic. That's not to say the techniques of NLP aren't wonderful - they are and they have their place, but that place isn't right here for me right now.

The bottom line of happiness really is all about deciding to be happy. Once you've made that decision, everything flows on from there. Once you have decided to be happy you will find it easy to appreciate all the great things around you. In that appreciative frame of mind you're more likely to see the opportunities life presents you and feel more able to act on them. It all starts with that one simple decision.

Decide to be happy right now and watch your life expand from there!

No comments: