Website

If you enjoy reading my blog, why not visit my website.

Wednesday 23 May 2012

LIVE YOUR EXTRAORDINARY LIFE

When I was a kid I loved Jacques Cousteau, the french oceanographer, explorer and co-developer of the Aqua-Lung. His TV programmes about the underwater world were just amazing. I developed an interest in life under the sea and went on to keep marine fish, truly beautiful creatures. Well that was back in the 70's and those fish have long since departed to the great coral reef in the sky but Jacques has remained as one of those important figures who taught me about life and it's incredible diversity.

It was with great pleasure then that I came across this quote from him recently whilst reading The Breakthrough Experience by Dr John Demartini.


"When a man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself."


I love this quote. I love the enormity of it. I see it not just as a massive inspiration but as a call to action. Whilst we have breath in our body we have that opportunity. We all have things we can do, things we are good at, hidden talents. This calls for us to let them out and let them shine!

Have you ever felt that you are special in some way? Don't be afraid to answer yes to this question. Playing small doesn't serve anyone, least of all yourself. It's time to acknowledge that and do what you need to do to unleash the extraordinary you!

No comments: